What is Akros Anti-cheat?
Akros Anti-Cheat is an anti-cheat system that is used in most Counter-Strike: Global Offensive tournaments on Challengermode.
Akros Anti-cheat is a hybrid anti-cheat that uses heuristic and signature based detection schemes to identify both known and unknown cheats by scanning for anomalous objects in memory and on the file system.
You can read more about the Akros Anti-Cheat HERE.
How to download Akros Anti-cheat?
Download Akros Anti-cheat HERE.
❗️Note: Akros Anti-cheat is required in order to compete in most CS:GO tournaments on Challengermode, along with having Prime.
How to use Akros Anti-Cheat?
Simply start the Akros Anti-Cheat client to have the anti-cheat software running. In order for it to work properly, you also need to launch CS:GO through the Akros Client. If you fail to do this, you will not be able to connect to the server.
❗️Note: If you fail to connect even if you launch CS:GO through the Akros Client, you might need to update your Akros Client to a newer version. Please download Akros Anti-Cheat via the link above and re-install it in that case.
Akros Anti-cheat - Troubleshooting
Below is a detailed list of any errors you might encounter with Akros Anti-cheat.
- [AAC] AAC Error #70: Unauthorized modification to anti-cheat component(s) detected. Please re-install to repair the file corruption.
An Akros component has been modified on purpose or on accident, a reinstallation of the anti-cheat is required.
- [AAC] AAC Error #18: System is currently untrusted.
The Akros kernel driver is currently not loaded but it should be. Player may have terminated the service after Akros was launched.
- [AAC] AAC Error #10: Unable to load game module.
Player may be missing required Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables or they have become corrupted on the file system. The stage where the error occured is in /logs/launcher.log and can be used to diagnose.
- [AAC] AAC Error #14: Unable to start user service.
Explanation: Player may be missing required Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables or they have become corrupted on the file system. /logs/launcher.log may contain useful information.
- [AAC] AAC Error #11: Failed to create session.
Akros was unable to create an anti-cheat session with the Akros API server when the game was launched. The reason for this error is in /logs/launcher.log and can be used to diagnose.
- [AAC] AAC Error #108: Akros Anti-Cheat is not compatible with other anti-cheat software. Please close <processname> before launching Akros.
Akros is not compatible with other CS:GO anti-cheat software such as FACEIT AC, all other AC software must be terminated completely or issues may occur.
- [AAC] AAC Error #20: Unable to setup kernel filter.
Akros was unable to insert a minifilter instance into the Windows registry
- [AAC] AAC Error #13: Unable to start kernel service.
Akros was unable to load the Akros kernel driver. If the player is on Windows 7 their installation may be outdated and does not support SHA256 digital certificates.
- [AAC] AAC Error #100: Your version of Microsoft Windows is not supported.
Akros only supports Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Windows 11. 64bit only.
- [AAC] AAC Error #96: Akros Anti-cheat is not compatible with HVCI.
Akros is not compatible with HVCI (referred to as Memory integrity in Windows device security settings)
- [AAC] AAC Error #95: Secure Boot is required to play on Akros Anti-cheat protected servers.
Akros requires that players on Windows 11 have SecureBoot enabled. No exceptions.
- [AAC] AAC Error #97: TPM (Trusted Platform Module) must be enabled to play on Akros Anti-cheat protected servers.
Akros requires that players on Windows 11 have TPM enabled. No exceptions.
- [AAC] AAC Error #93: Kernel driver test signing is enabled. Please disable Test Signing before launching Akros Anti-cheat.
Akros requires that Test Signing be disabled because it is abused by cheaters to load unauthorized kernel drivers.
- [AAC] AAC Error #99: Kernel debugging is enabled. Please disable Kernel Debugging before launching Akros Anti-cheat.
Akros requires that kernel debugging be disabled because it is abused by cheaters to tamper with results of Akros scans.
- [AAC] AAC Error #92: Unauthorized monitoring/debugging software is running. Please restart your computer to unload it.
Debugging software, software that can be used to tamper with kernel level objects and system monitoring software cannot be loaded before Akros is launched or while it is running.
- [AAC] AAC Error #08: Please close Counter-Strike Global Offensive before running Akros Anti-cheat.
Akros must be launched before the game process.
- [AAC] AAC Error #07: Sorry, 32bit versions of Windows are not supported.
32bit versions of Windows are not supported because they are naturally insecure against cheaters due to lacking critical Windows security features.
❗️Note: Any issues or inquiries in regards to Akros anti-cheat, reach out to Akros support team via this link https://akros.ac/#support!
Running into other issues, or do you have additional questions? Feel free to chat with us by clicking (?) on Challengermode.