They are the power that comes to help front-line players into the battle if someone is wounded. In other words, if someone from the main roster cannot play, substitutes can replace such players. But, of course, that needs to be enabled in tournament General settings.
Adding substitutes during the tournament
If the substitutes option was enabled and the team didn't have one when registering, they can add it during the tournament with your permission.
❗ Note: Players needs to be part of the team on Challengermode to be invited to the tournament team.
- The captain or coach invites the player to their tournament team.
- As the tournament is already ongoing, you need to approve such changes. Go to tournament settings, and you will see under Manage section Roster changes. Here you can approve the team's request.
- After the player accepts the request, the captain or coach can swap them.
❗ Note: A player always needs to approve an invite to the team, they cannot be forced to join.
Lineup changes can also be executed with admin help:
- Go to Teams/Participants.
- Find the team that needs assistance and click on it.
- First, you will need to Invite member if that has not been done yet. After that, you will still need to hit approve in Roster changes.
- After the player accepts the request, you can Edit Lineup. Select the player in the main lineup of the team that wants to change, and then pick a player from substitutes that he/she needs to be swapped with. In the Edit Lineup screen you can also assign a new captain by clicking "•••" near, the to-be, new captain.
❗ Note: Lineup changes will affect only in the following lobbies, so if the current lobby is running, you will need to Discard it.
Coaches play a vital part and sometimes they even act as managers for their teams.
That's why coaches also have permission to:
- Edit team lineup.
- Report the game score.
- In CS:GO, they get automatically assigned to the server.
Good luck! 💥
Running into other issues, or do you have additional questions? Feel free to chat with us by clicking (?) on Challengermode.